First Snow, Clyde's Cider Mill, and the Brooklyn Museum | Groton, CT, Mystic, CT, & Brooklyn, NY

It's been awhile since my last post and a lot of things have been happening in the Northeast. We had our first snowfall on October 29! Because I live on the coast we only got a thick dusting, but farther inland many major roads and towns were closed. 









On Halloween I visited Clyde's Cider Mill in Mystic, CT. The Mill makes all sorts of yummy apple treats and ciders. I would recommend the apple doughnuts and warm cider. 


Clyde's Cider Mill


Store

Where they make the cider

Yummy apples for sale


On November 1 my truck became very ill and wouldn't start. I had it checked out and it will run now, but it needs some serious mechanic love that I can't give to it. I absolutely love my truck and I had her eight years to the day, but now it is time to pass her off to another life. (Any suggestions on how or where to sell her?? )


Since I have been without a vehicle, I walked around my apartment complex and took some pictures of the pretty fall leaves. The locals told me that usually there are more rich and vibrant colors but it still looks prettier than what we typically get in Oklahoma.


Walking path by my apartment complex


Mailbox Pavilion


This past week I went on a bus trip with my work to the Brooklyn Museum in New York. The museum was awesome! They had several pieces by artists that I had studied in my Art of the 60s and 70s class at Texas Tech which were cool to see in person.


Brooklyn Museum


Judy Chicago, The Dinner Party, 1974-1979

The Dinner Party detail

Louise Bourgeois, Decontractee, 1990
Book of the Dead

Sarcophagus

No comments