Times Square, Bryant Park, New York Public Library, Rockefeller Center, Top of the Rock Observation Deck, Broadway | New York City, NY

"...I want to wake up in that city 
that doesn't sleep 
and find that I'm king of the hill 
top of the heap


My little town blues
they are melting away
I'm going to make a brand new start of it
in old New York..."


Times Square

Ok so maybe I'm not planning on making a new start in New York, but I do enjoy visiting the city that never sleeps :) 

Last Monday my friend Mary and I drove down to New Haven and took the train to NYC to go exploring. Besides being an incredibly sweet and nice person, Mary is also very familiar with NYC and helped me not look like too much of a tourist lol. 

We visited Times Square, Bryant Park, the New York Public Libary, Rockefeller Center, the Top of the Rock Observation Deck, and saw The Phantom of the Opera on Broadway. It was a very busy day but absolutely worth it. I think I caught the Broadway bug because I'm pretty sure that if I lived in NYC I would spend all of my money seeing Broadway shows. Even though we were seated literally on the top row, the show was absolutely incredible! Hopefully my next visit to NYC will be for more than a day :)


Empire State Building

New York Public Library



View from the Top of the Rock Observation Deck


Waiting for The Phantom of the Opera to begin

No comments