Providence, Rhode Island, RISD Art Museum, and Yale Hockey | Providence, RI & New Haven, CT

My latest adventure in the Northeast began with a trip to Providence, Rhode Island. I began my visit at the Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) Museum. The Museum has a comprehensive and interesting collection. It even includes a house, attached to the museum, with original American furniture and artwork. 


RISD Museum of Art




Part of RISD campus with the First Baptist Church in America in the background
Building on RISD campus
Then I met up with a friend who happens to be a Rhode Island native. She gave me a wonderful tour of the town and we explored Brown University, Thayer Street (where the hipsters and art students hang out), and Federal Hill. Federal Hill is the Little Italy of Providence. Its main road, Atwells Avenue, is filled with Italian restaurants and Jersey Shore guido-type men leaning against doorways smoking and glaring at you for taking pictures. 


Gateway Arch over Atwells Avenue


We had lunch at a fun hipster type restaurant and I couldn't stop giggling at our waiter's t-shirt. It is both hysterical and absolutely ridiculous at the same time. 


Waiter's t-shirt 
I also attended my first northern hockey game. I went to the Yale vs Clarkson game and it was a lot of fun! Yale won 5 -1. The only drawback was that I learned at the game, from the friendly couple sitting next to me, that they do not allow fights in college hockey anymore. I guess that means I'll have to be on the lookout for a good pro or semi-pro game to visit :)


Ingalls Rink

Warm up before the game


They won!

Final Score

No comments