Waffle Champion, Christmas Pop-Up Shops, OKC Streetcar, & Katiebugs | Oklahoma City, OK

After going on some amazing travel adventures, I realized that sometimes it's fun to play tourist in my own home town. Last weekend my best friend and I decided to do just this as part of our Christmas present exchange. 





We started our day by having brunch at Waffle Champion in the Midtown area of Oklahoma City. Waffle Champion is one of those places that I have heard amazing things about but have never tried because there is always a line out the door. 




First, it absolutely lives up to all of the hype! Second, the line moves pretty quickly so don't let it detour you. We arrived around 10:30ish on a Saturday morning and only waited 15-20 minutes. L and I both ordered the blueberry sunrise waffles with a side of bacon and all of it was amazing!!! I would absolutely go back again. 


   



After brunch, we visited the Holiday Pop-Up Shops. The pop-up shops consist of six dome buildings with various local stores in each dome. The shops rotate every week so there is always something new to see. In addition to the shops, there is a huge Christmas tree, several food and beverage trucks, an outdoor seating area, and a live Christmas tree shop. It's a fun and lively place to visit for unique gifts. 






 .

Next, we decided to ride the brand new Oklahoma City Streetcar!! The day we rode was the second day of the streetcar being in operation. It was so sweet to see how excited everyone was to ride it. There are two route options, the bricktown loop and the downtown loop. L and I rode the entire downtown loop and it took approximately 50 minutes. It probably would not have taken that long, but it was opening weekend and we literally stopped at every stop on the route. 



The Midtown streetcar stop is across the street from the Pop-Ups!

   



We ended our day by going to Katiebugs for hot chocolate and to exchange our Christmas presents. This was my first visit to Katiebugs (L knows all of the best places to visit!) and it was so cute! The shop is in a converted historic home that was decorated with charming vintage Christmas decorations. Perfect for exchanging Christmas presents with your best friend :) 





I ordered the flavored hot chocolate which consisted of traditional hot chocolate with my choice of a flavored homemade marshmallow (I chose the salted caramel marshmallow). It was so good! I think it very well may have been the best hot chocolate I have ever tasted. L ordered the dirty santa with a beard (half hot chocolate, half coffee with a marshmallow (she chose a sugar cookie marshmallow)) and said it was amazing. I thought it was a little pricey, $5 for a cup of hot chocolate, but it was worth the splurge for a fun day out. 






No comments