New England Road Trip: Boston Eats | Boston, MA

Boston has amazing food!



Day 7:
Lunch - Afternoon Tea at the Boston Public Library
I love an afternoon tea! The menu and tea selections at the BPL were in a book which was fun. The sandwiches were delicious, albeit small. The scones were not great and the only dessert that I liked was the chocolate covered brownie. But that brownie may have been the best dessert I have ever had. It was mind blowingly good!! The only down-side to my experience was that my waitress was rude and ignored me, but the other wait staff seemed lovely. If you love books and tea, you should definitely try it.




Dinner - Eatly
I ate at the La Pizza & La Pasta restaurant. Even though the entire store was packed, I only had to wait 5-10 minutes for a seat at the bar. I had a goat cheese ravioli with figs, walnuts, and balsamic reduction and it was delicious! I mean "I could eat this every day of my life and never get tired of it" delicious! It's a good thing there isn't an Eatly close to where I live or I would be in serious trouble. 



Day 8: 
Lunch - Tatte Bakery & Cafe 
Tatte has several locations in Boston. I visited the location near the Boston Public Gardens. It was crawling with people so I ordered my food to go. I tried the prosciutto and fig panini and the berry chocolate tart. The panini was fantastic, but the tart was disappointing. I wanted to try one of their desserts, but because the restaurant was so packed I couldn't see all of the options in the case so I ordered the only dessert I could see, lol. I should have taken my time and chosen differently. Live and learn :)







Dinner - Boston Chowda Co. in Faneuil Hall
The chowder was decent, but nothing to get excited about. Honestly, this was my backup option. I struck out with Carmelina's and Union Oyster House (90+ minute waits at both locations) because apparently reservations are necessary even for a party of one on a Saturday night in Boston. Lesson learned.



Day 9:
Lunch - Boston Sail Loft
I had the chicken salad sandwich and fries, both were pretty good. I wish I had ordered the clam chowder (it's their specialty and my friend M raved about it), but since I had clam chowder the night before I wanted to try something different.


The restaurant is on the water




Dinner - Carmelina's Boston (North End)
I ordered the crazy alfredo which was pretty good. It wasn't the best or worst Italian food I've ever had. I sat at the bar and had a front row seat of the chef preparing plates of food for people. Also, an extremely friendly and chatty couple sat next to me and we got to know each other pretty well by the end of dinner.




Dessert - Modern Pastry (North End)
I walked by Modern Pastry on my way to dinner (it's four stores down from Carmelina's), and there was a shorter line than usual. I popped in and bought two cannolis. However, when I left the shop there was a line out the door (if you see a momentary lull, take advantage of it!). At Modern Pastry, you choose the cannoli shell, filling, and toppings. The cannolis are made fresh and packaged in a cute box. Tip: they only accept cash so be prepared. 





I ordered one cannoli with the ends of the shell dipped in chocolate, traditional ricotta filling, and chocolate chips. For the other I chose a traditional shell, chocolate cream filling, and almond slices. I didn't care for the one with chocolate filling, but the cannoli with traditional ricotta filling was amazing!!

No comments