Getting Moved In | New London, CT

After I finally got moved in and got everything kind of sorted out it was time to make my generic apartment into a home. I found out from the apartment manager that I can't paint the walls but I can hang whatever I like on them. 


Just a side note, I do not understand why apartment complexes do not allow their tenants to paint their walls. Especially when the apartment office and the stairwells in the buildings are painted but the apartments have boring mental ward white walls. Does this make any sense? It sure doesn't to me. 


Anyways, since the apartment was not furnished, and I only brought bedroom furniture, it was time to go furniture shopping. Mom and I found out about Bob's Discount Furniture's "The Pit." I know what your thinking, who in their right mind goes looking for some place called "The Pit" but it had some really cool stuff. "The Pit" is Bob's scratch and dent section (and by section I mean a whole other building crammed with stuff). If you get your creative juices flowing and are willing to do some touch-ups it's an awesome place to shop. For example, I got a couch there for $99! It was originally part of a sectional so I put a little table on the end without an arm and problem solved.




After a lot of thought, I finally have all of my pictures and homey objects in their places. I also added a few new things thanks to a little inspiration from Pinterest :) As you enter the apartment the extra bedroom is immediately to the left, my room is straight ahead, and the living room and kitchen are to the right.









The only thing that I have left to do is make some kind of picture with an Oklahoma map. I realized when I was deciding where to hang my pictures, that all of my photographs are from places that I have visited. Which is fine when I was living in Stillwater and Lubbock. However, because I am living 1,700 miles away I want something that reminds me of home. Hopefully, the Oklahoma Tourist Board will finally send me the maps I requested in the near future and I will have one last Saturday project.


No comments