New England Road Trip: Newport Eats | Newport, RI

Lobster macaroni and cheese...my new comfort food favorite!


America's oldest tavern. Established in 1673.

Day 10:
Lunch - The White Horse Tavern
I tried the lobster mac and cheese and it was amazing!!! If you are a fan of lobster and/or mac and cheese you should absolutely try it! 

Also, the tavern is cool! It's the oldest tavern in America and it is beautifully preserved. It felt like one of our founding fathers could walk through the door at any moment. 






Dinner - Malt on Broadway
I had the Malt Burger with fries and they were both good. The restaurant had a cozy atmosphere and it was full of locals enjoying dinner. 




Day 11: 
Breakfast - Yankee Peddler Inn
The Yankee Peddler Inn had a huge spread of breakfast options. I had a morning tour, so I opted for a quick bagel with cream cheese. Not the most exciting breakfast but it worked. 



Lunch - Moorning Seafood Kitchen & Bar 
If you are looking for a restaurant with a coastal atmosphere and great seafood, check out The Mooring. The restaurant sits next to Newport Harbor and some tables have water views. The restaurant was packed with locals and tourists. 

I debated between the fish and chips and the new england lobster roll. I went with the lobster roll and learned that I do not like cold lobster salad rolls, lol. An expensive lesson, but live and learn.




Dinner - Brick Alley Pub
I was still full from lunch but I needed to eat something before I drove to Mystic that night. I tried the meat and cheese board and the brownie sundae. The meat and cheese board was pretty but not tasty and the sundae was huge but far from memorable. 




No comments