New England Road Trip: Newport Lodgings | Newport, RI

While I was exploring Newport, I stayed at the Yankee Peddler Inn. It was so cute!!

Sorry for the night time pic!
The Yankee Peddler Inn occupies a historic home that was built in the 1800s. The main house and the carriage house are charming and have tons of classic New England character. 

I stayed in the carriage house, a smaller building next to the main house. The sweet lady who checked me in walked me to the carriage house and showed me how to use the numerous keys, told me how to get into the main house after hours, etc. In addition to a hot breakfast, the Inn also serves fresh baked cookies every afternoon! I had cookies and hot tea as my dessert one night and they were tasty. 

In addition to being located near downtown (it only took me seven minutes to walk downtown), the Inn also has one parking spot per room. Parking in Newport is scarce and/or pricey, the story of New England really, so this was a huge plus. 

The Inn was more expensive than other lodgings during my trip, but the charm, location, and parking were worth it (plus I only stayed one night). Also, I saved some money by booking my room through Priceline and choosing to stay in the carriage house, instead of the main house.

For more specifics about this bed and breakfast, watch the video below!


No comments