New England Road Trip: Mystic Eats | Mystic, CT

Connecticut's food does not disappoint!

Captain Scott's Lobster Dock in New London, CT

Day 12:
Lunch - Captain Scott's Lobster Dock (New London)
The restaurant is a little out of the way (think driving down a long, curvy gravel road that looks like it leads to nowhere), but it has terrific views of the harbor and fantastic food. I got the small hot lobster roll and small fries. They were amazing!!! One of my top two lobster rolls of the trip.




Dinner - The Spice Club (Niantic)
Don't let the fact that the restaurant is in a shopping strip in a tiny town fool you. The sushi is fresh and delicious! I tried the shrimp tempura and the lobster mango rolls. I would highly recommend both!


Day 13: 
Lunch - Chick-fil-a (Norwalk)
I needed quick bite for lunch and Chick-fil-a never disappoints :)

Dinner - Prime 16 (New Haven)
Prime 16 serves gourmet burger near Yale and the Shubert Theatre. I tried the Smoker Burger, fries, avocado ranch, garlic aioli, and smoked maple bacon ailoli sauces, and a local cola. The local cola was good, very similar to traditional Coke. The burger was great and the fries were good. The only sauce I liked was the smoked maple bacon aioli, but it was amazing!! The restaurant was dark and moody (dark wood on the walls and mood lighting), the service was quick, and the food was delicious. My only complaint was I wish I could have taken my leftovers with me, but c'est la vie.




Day 14: 
Breakfast - B. F. Clyde's Cider Mill
I got apple cider donuts and hot cider for breakfast. The donuts were amazing!! Everyone should try them at least once in their life. Yes, they're that good. 

Since it was a beautiful day, I tried to eat my breakfast outside. However, the bees were entirely too interested in my cider so I ended up eating in my car.





Lunch - Oyster Club
This restaurant is so cute inside and out! It has a cool New England cottage vibe. I tried the cheeseburger and fries with an aioli sauce. They were both good, and they definitely win the award for the prettiest ice tea :) Also, their menu changes depending on which ingredients are in season. 



Ice tea complete with simple syrup and a metal straw




Dessert - Sift Bake Shop
After lunch at the Oyster Club, I walked down the street to the Sift Bake Shop. Everything looked delicious! It was hard to choose just one dessert. If I hadn't had been stuffed from lunch, I would have tried one of their enticing small cakes. Instead, I tried the biggest chocolate chip cookie I have ever seen. It didn't disappoint :)





Dinner - Red 36
I tried the fish and chips they were pretty good. Because the restaurant sits on the Mystic River, I had gorgeous sunset views of the harbor during dinner. 



Pretty views!



No comments